World Music in the Schools programs can be tailored to fit the schedule, resources and goals of your school. The ideal program length ranges between eight and thirty-two weeks. During this time, one or more master artists will guide students through an exploration into a specific musical tradition.
In our World Music in the Schools program students will
- Learn to listen and observe followed by hands-on participation
- Learn techniques of dance, song, or instrumental music
- Learn to work individually and with others
- Learn new vocabularies
- Learn skills in rhythm and melody
Students will also gain knowledge of
- World geography and history
- Specific world cultures, languages, and traditions
- How to play musical instruments from around the world
See our teachers in action!
View this video for samples of K-12 music and dance lessons, workshops, and demonstrations: